Laser dentistry is an advanced form of technology that uses lasers instead of traditional dental tools to perform dental procedures. Laser dentistry is highly accurate, causes less discomfort, and results in faster healing times.
Dental lasers use light energy for a wide range of dental treatments. In most cases, dental lasers can replace dental drills and use light energy to gently and effectively remove or shape soft tissue in the mouth. Dental lasers can be used to treat a wide variety of patients, including adults and children.
Laser dentistry Applications
Laser dentistry has been a boon in the field of dentistry. Laser dentistry treatment involves the use of laser light. A beam of light energy is delivered into your tooth for quicker and painless treatments. Laser dentistry has many applications, including the following.
- Infection and inflammation control
- Cavity treatment - to cure the dental filling
- Gum diseases
- Removal of tumors and lesions
- Treatment of canker sores
- Teeth whitening - to speed up the procedure
- Laser gum surgery
- Treatment of root canals
- Treatment of TMJ disorders and headaches
Laser Dentistry Benefits
Laser dentistry uses focused lasers to gently and precisely remove tooth decay. Laser dentistry has a number of advantages over traditional dentistry. The laser makes procedures like cavity treatment more comfortable and more precise. It also minimizes bleeding, swelling, and discomfort after treatment.
The major advantages offered by laser dentistry include the following:
- It can be used in soft tissue works, like the treatment of periodontal disease, gum contouring, etc.
- Lasers can be used to sterilize the treatment areas instantly. It also helps prevent infection.
- Laser dentistry procedures are less-invasive, and wounds heal faster.
- Assists in faster and efficient tissue regeneration.
- Helps patients with dental anxiety as laser dentistry procedures don't involve the use of dental drills.
- Laser dentistry procedures are more precise and cause minimum damage to surrounding tissue.
- Laser dentistry procedures can be done faster than traditional ones.
- Involves no shots or needles for anesthetic purposes.
- Reduced bleeding, swelling, and post-procedure complications.
- Shorter and fewer dental visits
At Kusek Family & Implant Dentistry, we offer a full range of services, including cosmetic and implant dentistry in a relaxed dental environment. To learn more about our dental services or to schedule your consultation with one of our dentists, call us at 605-371-3443 or visit us at 4921 E. 26th St., Suite 1, Sioux Falls, SD 57110.